Saturday, August 12, 2006

oh my...

I am sitting in the basement terminal in Houston airport. Okay, technically, it isn't the basement, but it is down some stairs and packed. And they have giant fans going to keep it cool. I feel like I am in the bus station. But the worst part? Some dude behind me is listening to gospel music. On an open speaker... you know, no headphones. And he is singing. Out loud.

Thank god for iPods and noise-cancelling headphones.

*edit* Thing is, though, the gospel guy was getting in my way. I was having a nice conversation with a UW alum who had moved to Houston the year before. How did I know he was a UW alum? The UW t-shirt with the big Bucky Badger on the back. I was asking him if he liked Houston, how it was different (other than weather), etc. And then we got on the subject of what we miss. Me? Of course: cheese curds and Spotted Cow Ale. His response? "Man, those are the things I miss more than anything." See, I am not a freak.

No comments: